I heard back from Emily this morning. She's so nice, have I mentioned that? She wanted to know how the visit with my gynecologist went and if they'd do the surgery. I filled her in, but told her that M and I might want to skip all the stuff down here in Florida and just take care of business in NY.
I don't know if I've mentioned, but M is in charge of this IVF cycle (I was in charge of most of the past decisions with IVF-1 and now it's his turn...this is how we decided to resolve our differences about this mess because we're both stubborn!). So he voted that we move everything up North, including the surgery.
I was very apprehensive about this plan (and let M know it!), it seemed to be a lot of trouble (for me), but after speaking with Emily and the NY-RE, it's making so much more sense.
You know how I had my panties in a bunch over the surgery/IVF-2 timeline dragging out? Well NY-RE put my mind at ease, there will be no waiting between the surgery and IVF-2!!! Can I get a hell yeah?! Don't worry, I asked repeatedly, and he said that it shouldn't be a problem, as long as there aren't any complications.
I'm waiting for the surgical nurse to call about scheduling the Hysteroscopy, but he said he could possibly do it Friday, April 17 when he gets back from vay-cay. He would then check me out on Monday and give me the go ahead for stims that same week! That would put me at retrieval around the first week of May. Only a few weeks behind schedule, not bad, and I won't have to worry about co-ordinating all the different Dr's, I'll just stay in NY for three weeks instead of two.
So here is the bad news, 'cause it couldn't all be good. I would miss my friends wedding reception and be unable to make her wedding cake. I might know someone who could step in and fill my shoes, but of course that's up to my friend. I feel horrible to do this to her, but I know she'll understand. But still.