Monday, May 18, 2009

Eh

Sorry for taking so long. It's not that I'm trying to be coy or keep good news from you, I haven't had any news to share.

I went for my beta on Saturday, and did that suck. I'm using stupid, stupid Labcorp and had to wait 2 hours for a 30 second blood draw. Since my RE is in NY, I have to have my lab results sent up and it's not efficient. Stupid, stupid Labcorp didn't even send the results until Monday, so here we are, 2 days later.

My first beta is...12

Yes, you read right, 12 at day 14.

Not good.

Pretty much doomed to fail.

Possibly ectopic.

Before I knew my results, I had to call the clinic in NY 3 times to have them fax a prescription for beta number 2 today. Of course, by the time this happened it was already 12pm so I don't have the results of today's beta yet. Stupid, stupid Labcorp was unable to get it together even though STAT was written across the prescription in big letters.

I know that there is *hope* but I don't have much of it. Even if the beta doubles, that's not enough really. A quadruple wouldn't really satisfy me either. It would need to be over 100 to keep my head in the game.

Hopefully I'll hear back tomorrow morning. I'll update when I know something.

Oh, and did I mention, I spotted a little today and my symptoms are rather non-existent.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hoping you do hear back EARLY tomorrow and it is DOUBLING NEWS!!! ((Hugs)) and HOPES and PRAYERS coming your way. With Mark my beta was only 25 and that was 14dp5dt and at first he was twins so I am NOT giving up. I KNOW how hard this is and I wish I could take it all away and give you the beautiful things you deserve!! Today you ARE pregnant!!!! 14 is pregnant!! Sending LOVE and respect and my prayers are there with ya!!

Kimmy

Soapchick said...

I'm sorry Stephanie, you are right, that doesn't sound too hopeful, but until the fat lady sings, I won't give up hope. I pray it is not ectopic though - you don't need that stress. Hang in there sweetie and either way I know you will be okay. Praying for a miracle!!!

Barb said...

Oh ARGH ugh BLEH. I'm so sorry for that SHIT.

It must not have been TOO awful to get a line though huh??? Keeping very very optimistic thoughts even as I'm sending lots of hugs.
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo