The medical record saga continues (and hopefully concludes)...
I went up to MD for a long weekend to visit family* (can you say freeeeeezing!) and returned late Monday night. I was really hoping to have my medical records from my local RE show up in my mailbox (as was agreed upon) Tuesday, but instead I got a phone call at 3:55 pm letting me know they're ready for pick up. Of course they lock the doors at 4:00 pm, and wouldn't open them for me if I drove over straight away. Grrrr.
Anyway, I picked them up yesterday and thankfully decided to double check them while I was still in the office. It's a good thing I did, because they neglected to include any of the Drs. chart- notes, all I had were lab results and a drawing of my uterus from the mock transfer! Niiiice.
On the bright side, they printed out my charts at no cost and I've mailed off all 54 pages of my IF medical history. The New York office should have it by Saturday, in time for Mondays consult. :)
Of course I poured over the most recent information and the reality of my situation came back to me with a side of hopelessness. "Mini-stim IVF cancelled due to less than expected response of 2-3 dominant follicles. Day 3 FSH 9.9. She and husband have no other complaints or issues." Gahhh, it sucks to see it in black and white!
I'm just going to keep moving forward until I hit a wall, it shouldn't take long LOL. I guess I need to figure out what questions I want to ask the new Dr.
Here's what I've come up with so far:
- Do you think my FSH is too high for IVF to work (aka, am I a lost cause)?
- What is the cut off point for you/your clinic?
- Is there any testing that can be done to determine my most likely outcome (do you have a crystal ball)? Clomid challenge test perhaps or more FSH testing?
- Do you believe in doing an antral follicle count before proceeding with IVF (would it have saved me from doing my unsuccessful mini-stim)?
- What do you think of my poor response to Follistim/Menopur (especially since it was no better than my cycles with clomid or femara)?
- Would you be more aggressive with the same drugs or recommend a new protocol?
- Do you think my main fertility issue is endometriosis or low ovarian reserve or both?
- Do you have a strong opinion about treating endometriosis with GnRH before proceeding with IVF?
- Would you recommend doing a flare protocol or antagonist protocol
*My uncle is not doing well at all. I hate so much that he has cancer, it's such a fucking miserable way to die.