Sunday, July 27, 2008

Late Night Confession

I confess, I haven’t been totally honest with you, my blogger friends. I’m feeling a touch guiltly, but I “celebrated” a birthday on Friday. I was trying to pretend that it wasn’t happening, but I just turned 31 (gasp). Let's just pretend that it didn't really happen, k?

I wouldn’t be bothered if it weren’t for the milestones I haven’t hit. I was expecting to have a baby, actually two about now. So turning 31 has been a big disappointment. Oh well, I’ll deal.

The BF debacle just added to the stupidity of this b-day. We were supposed to go downtown tonight and drink our faces off. Clearly that’s off the table. I drank a good bit anyway ;)

As an update, she did e-mail a brief but nice happy b-day wish for blessings and happiness. I responded in kind, with brief thanks and good wishes for her pregnancy. I guess this is what it’s come to. Could be worse.

Fortunately I was invited to a party on Saturday (tonight) so I wasn’t sitting home along feeling sorry for myself. Thank goodness. I seriously needed to have some fun. Yayyy, peach vodka, yayyy mango vodka. Yayyy friends. Okay, I’m still feeling the effects of said vodka, but yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Sadly we had to leave a little earlier than I’d like since M has a deadline on Monday and wanted to either work tonight or tuck in early. Still not sure which. He’s catching up on his Avatar marathon at the moment. I’ll admit, I like watching Avatar too. It’s a pretty good cartoon. I think M should be the Avatar for Halloween! ;)

Okay, enough of the drunk blogging. I’ll check in with you guys later.

2 comments:

JW Moxie said...

Happy 31st birthday! Imagine me raising my glass to clink with yours in a toast to you!

Barb said...

I'll be 31 soon too. We can be 31 and "child-free" together. ;)