Friday, April 17, 2009

Hurdle One Down

So far so good. I had my Hystereoscopy this morning, and it was pleasantly uneventful.

I picked up M from Laguardia last night, it was so nice to see him again. We're going to try to enjoy the day tomorrow in the city, it's supposed to be warm!!!

Anyway, back to the Hystereoscopy...they did a wonderful job with my anesthesia, I had no issues when I woke up, I was alert and nausea free. I'm also in very little discomfort, most of my periods are wayyyy more painful than this. I haven't needed to take anything for it. :)

The really stupid thing is, I can't remember when NY RE told me to cease the BCP's. We discussed it the other day at the pre-op appointment and he went back and forth. Now I can't remember what was decided! Doh. I left a message this afternoon, but I probably won't get a call back until tomorrow. I will probably take it tonight just to be safe, but I think I'm supposed to stop. At the worst, I will be off by a day.

I go in on Monday for my post-op appointment and to get the green light for the really fun stuff. I'm nervous about giving myself injections, M has always been kind enough to do the dirty work, I just had to turn my head and exhale slowly. My college roomate has volunteered, so hopefully she can be my back up if I chicken out. I'm hoping I can put the big girl panties on though.

I'll update y'all soon!

5 comments:

Barb said...

LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS OF GOOD WISHES!

Shots assvice:

When I was feeling really weany I iced it first. I think they say not to do that, but I couldn't help myself. I also found that actually inhaling right as the needle goes in makes me not notice it so much. And injecting the meds slooooowly helps so much better. It's why I love the pen b/c it does that part for me. ;)

Unknown said...

My shot advice:

I was actually told to put ice on the area until there is a red spot the shape of the ice cube, after you remove the ice. It will numb your skin enough to where you don't even feel it.

I was TERRIFIED to do my shots. I did all my SUBQ shots and hubz did all my hip shots. I can tell you from experience that they're MUCH easier than people think and tell you. Most women say that they SUCK but in reality, they're very short and so small that you can't barely even feel them. THe pen is the best because it's so small you can't feel it and it puts in the right dose all you have to do is inject. It's great. It took me 45 minutes to do my first shot and after it was over I felt stupid for taking so long. My next shot took me less than 30 seconds.

Stephanie said...

Thanks for your encouragement. It's not the pain that bothers me, it's my squeamishness. I don't like to see blood, or things like needles entering my (or anybodies) body! I know the shots don't hurt, lol. :)

Stephanie said...

Thanks for the good wishes too!!!

sara said...

So glad that the hysteroscopy is all done and that things are moving along! Even though I'm a nurse I found it hard to give myself shots. First one was the worst..but once that one is down it gets a ton easier. You're going to do great!