Monday, February 9, 2009

All Clear

I just finished up with my first mammogram! For whatever reason, I thought that the stories of having your boobs smashed between a vice were exagerations. Um, no. It's a very accurate description. But for what it's worth, it was a nice change to need to undress from the waist up!

I'm sure you've guessed from the title, I'm breast-cancer free, and even more surpising, cyst free. Apparently I'm just "lumpy". :) I don't know how this lump went unnoticed for so many years? (by me or my Drs.), but it's nothing.

Yayyyyy!!!

So I guess I'm still on track for IVF to begin in a month.

On a very sucky note, my 16 year old cousin got his 16 year old girlfriend pregnant. My family just found out and of course everyone is in shock. I'm less upset for me and more upset for them. Clearly they've been stupid and don't have a clue. I'm hoping that adoption is strongly considered for ALL involved.

5 comments:

sara said...

I'm so happy to hear you're just lumpy! I only mean that in the kindest way. What a relief, huh?

JW Moxie said...

Whew! Thank goodness!

OMG how sucky is that. Teen pregnancy is bad to begin with, but it's twice as bad to deal with through the eyes of an IFer.

Soapchick said...

Yippee for the all clear. For what it's worth - I'm lumpy too.

Oh brother on the cousin - I hope they consider adoption as well. 2 sixteen years olds will not be the best parents. Their parents will end up being parents. Praying for adoption.

Anonymous said...

YAY! I'm lumpy too! Lumpy girls unite! My obgyn said that it's common for girls with some of our problems. He said mine are "dense." I never felt any others, so I thought they were normal! haha.

Good luck to your cousins. :( my mom got pg at 16 with me, and it pretty much ruined the path she had set for her life. That being said, she was a great Mom, and I'm really glad she kept me. Her Mom helped her, yes, but she did the bulk of it on her own (sometimes with Dad sometimes not.) I did end up being raised more by a village b/c of the proximity to family, but I LOVED that. I wish so much that my kids could experience that. I learned so much from so many people! I know I wouldn't know better if I was adopted, but I'm SO attached to blood family relation and family tree and that whole thing. Plus a lot of the problems I have, my other family members did, and I learned from being with them. So I guess it could go all kinds of ways. They just need some kindness now I think. They'll work their feelings on it.

chicklet said...

Weird to say, but there's a girl at our office who's very young and single and I had the same thought you did - hopefully adoption's being considered cuz she has no idea what she's getting into.